LEGO® RULES AND GUIDELINES
9th Annual LEGO® Artists Challenge
Saturday, November 19th • 10am to 7pm
Sunday, November 20th • 10am to 4pm
1. Must be pre-built using entrants own LEGO, DUPLO, MEGA BLOKS, or other LEGO-compatible pieces.
2. Should be original creations. LEGO kit displays are acceptable, but will NOT be eligible for prizes.
3. Must include a sign that includes name of entrant, grade, age, project name, and an explanation of the inspiration for your creation to help judges make their determinations.
4. Must fit within a space of 24”x24” and be no more than 4 feet tall.
5. May be submitted in one of two ways (one entry per individual or team where applicable):
a) Individual entrants - must be constructed by one person only and must be submitted in the name of the person that built it. Individual entries will not be permitted for team participants.
b) Team entry - entry must list names of all participants on team. Team projects will be placed in the category of the oldest participant on the team. Please note that while all members of a team will receive a certificate of participation, the team will compete for a single prize.
6. Must be delivered to the Matrix Conference Center between 8:30am-10:00am on Saturday, November 19th; remain on display Saturday and Sunday; and be picked up on Sunday, November 20th between 4:00pm and 5:00pm.
1. Will be based on overall originality and creativity. Integrated moving parts are encouraged.
2. Winners announced at 3:30pm on Sunday and need not be present. You will be notified via phone after judging takes place at the phone number listed on your registration. Winners will also be posted at www.annsplacefestivaloftrees.org.
1. Will be awarded in the following categories:
Grades K-3, Grades 4-7, Grades 8-12 and Ages 18+.
2. Will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, and Honorable Mention,
and will vary in terms of approximate retail value.
1. All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
2. All entrants must be supervised by an adult during the event.
3. All entries will be left overnight at the Matrix. Measures will be taken to ensure entries are not touched by viewers, however, Festival of Trees to benefit Ann's Place will not be held liable for missing pieces.
4. Registration deadline is November 11th in order to properly allocate display space. Late entries will be accepted as space permits.
5. For more information contact Lori@annsplace.org.
6. Disclaimer: LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies and does not authorize, endorse, or sponsor this contest.